Gnocchi with chorizo and courgette, a quick and easy dish that is perfect for using up all those courgettes growing in our gardens and on the table in 30 minutes!
Gnocchi is chorizo and courgette is one of those last minute dinners as I always have the ingredients in my fridge. Perfect when you haven’t planned dinner or have lost track of time and need to get a meal on the table. In today’s busy world we have all found ourselves in the position where we’ve not had two minutes to think about what everyone’s going to eat for dinner that night.
Whilst I do like to meal plan on a weekly basis, we all have days like this. These days tend to coincide with having very little in the fridge.
That’s the day I was having when I created the recipe below, the sun was shining outside and I got lost in the garden as opposed to the kitchen. Before I realised, it was time to pick up the girls from school and I hadn’t given dinner any thought.
On days like above its a case of looking at what’s in the cupboard and the fridge and concocting something out of it. Consequently, that day it was a chorizo, a package of gnocchi, courgette’s I’d picked from the garden that day and some tomatoes. However they made a lovely, light summer dinner. If you don’t like courgette, simply substitute with another vegetable, peppers work really well as does aubergine. Likewise if you are following a Vegetarian or Vegan diet, simply leave out the chorizo, add smoked paprika and bulk up with more vegetables.
Pin the recipe for later:
Additional recipe suggestions:
Looking for inspiration for feeding the family mid week, then take a look at our Ultimate Guide to Family Dinners. Full of useful hints, tips and recipes.
Gnocchi with Chorizo & Courgette
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- knob butter
- 75 g chorizo (chopped)
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 courgette (diced remove and discard the soft core)
- 4 fresh tomatoes (chopped)
- 500 g packet gnocchi
- salt & pepper
- parmesan (to serve)
- Heat the butter and oil in a frying pan and gently sauté the chorizo and onion for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and courgette and sauté for a further minute.
- Add the gnocchi and tomatoes and continue to sauté for a further 2 minutes, stirring all the time.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Serve into 2 bowls and sprinkle on parmesan.
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only •
This recipe is linking up to Cook Blog Share, make sure you check it out for lots of great recipes from fellow food bloggers.