Easy stir fry chicken & cashew nuts, quick to prepare and cook. This healthy and delicious bowl of food is ready in no time.
My children are very different, but when it comes to their approach to food they are polar opposites. On one hand I have Anna, junior gourmet who will try anything once and has an amazing palette. Everyone loves feeding Anna, she makes happy sounds when she’s eating. On the other I have Catherine, who questions everything I put in front of her. I’ve worked out that there is nothing wrong with her actual taste buds as she likes strong flavour. She simply doesn’t like trying new things and her modus operandi is “suspicion”! “What’s in this? Have I had this before? Is this nice?”
Now the one thing she will eat is Asian food, just as well given how I cook. Asian food lends itself really well to mid week cooking when time is limited but we still want to serve up something fresh and tasty. Last week I decided to introduce some cashew nuts into a stir-fry, Chinese stir-fried chicken and cashew nuts, to which she announced it was “the best dinner I’ve eaten in ages”! So a result and after picking myself up off the floor I popped the photo on Instagram. I then got lots of queries asking where the recipe was, so here is it, stir-fried chicken and cashew nuts on the table in 15 minutes for all those busy parents out there.
Additional recipe suggestions:
If you like this recipe then try Beef in Black Bean Sauce, our Pork & Peanut Stir-fry or our Chinese Steamed Sea Bass. For great tasting side dishes to accompany this dish try Easy Egg Fried Rice, our Stir Fried Broccoli with Garlic, or our Stir Fried Pak Choy.
Looking for inspiration for feeding the family mid week, then take a look at our Ultimate Guide to Family Dinners. Full of useful hints, tips and recipes.
Stir fry Chicken & Cashew Nuts
- 2 large chicken breasts (sliced)
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1/2 red pepper (chopped)
- 1/2 green pepper (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 2.5 cm fresh ginger (grated)
- 2 tsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp light soy
- 1 tsp dark soy
- 1/2 tsp caster sugar
- 50 ml chicken stock
- 75 g cashew nuts
- 3 spring onion (cut into 2.5cm pieces)
- Heat a wok over a high heat, add the oil and once smoking hot add the chicken and stir-fry for a minute. Then add the oyster sauce, sugar and light and dark soy sauce, stirring well to coat the chicken and cook for a further minute or two.
- Add the onion, red and green peppers, garlic and ginger and continue to saute for a further 2 minutes. Then add the chicken stock and stir-fry until the chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in the spring onion and cashew nuts, ensuring everything is coated with the sauce. Serve immediately with steamed rice or noodles.
• Please note that the nutrition information provided above is approximate and meant as a guideline only •
This recipe has been shared via CookBlogShare please click on the link for other recipe ideas from fellow food bloggers.