Simple stir fried pak choi with an Asian dressing is a savoury side dish that accompanies any main dish perfectly or works equally well with a bowl of steamed rice.
This simple dish is one I love to eat so it’s cooked in my house regularly. I spent a lot of time living and working in China many years ago, therefore I cook a lot of Asian inspired food.
However pak choi is not to everyone’s taste! Indeed my own family is divided right down the middle on this particular dish. I and my youngest would put it as one of our favourite vegetable sides. The same cannot be said of my husband and eldest who simply don’t get why we love this dish! That’s ok though, as we can’t like everything all of the time, can we now?
What I love most is that I can prepare this stir fried pak choi and have this dish on the table, ready to eat, in 10 minutes flat. Now what’s not to love about a dish like that? If you are not keen on chilli, either cut back and only add half or remove it altogether. This quick side dish is great alongside any Chinese style main course.
Pin the recipe for later:
Additional recipe suggestions:
Another great recipe for a Chinese side dish is our Stir-fried Broccoli with Garlic. Both these recipes work well with our Easy Vegetable Stir Fry, Beef Stir-fry with Black Bean Sauce, our Pork & Peanut Stirfry or our Stir-fried Chicken & Cashew Nuts and our Easy Egg Fried Rice.
Looking for inspiration for feeding the family mid week, then take a look at our Ultimate Guide to Family Dinners. Full of useful hints, tips and recipes.
stir-fried pak choi
- 2 pak choi (cut in half, lengthways)
- 1 red finger chilli (sliced)
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 3 spring onions (sliced)
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Wash the pak choi and cut it in half length-ways. Heat the oil in a large wok or frying pan and place the pak choi and remaining vegetables in the pan.
- Keep the vegetables moving in the wok, allowing the pak choy to colour a little.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the wok, stir to cover and then serve immediately.
• Please note that the nutrition information provided above is approximate and meant as a guideline only •Share on Facebook
We are linking this recipe up to Cook Blog Share, which showcases lots of recipes from some great food bloggers.