Chorizo tortilla is a simple dish using the freshest of eggs. Flavoured with chorizo, onion, peppers and cooked potato, a great one pan dish with leftovers.
Chorizo tortilla is a great dish to pull together when you have nothing left in the fridge! It’s one of those great tasting dishes that actually contain very little, yet taste amazing. When time is against me and I want something quick but tasty, more often than not the dish will contain eggs. However, more than likely it will be this simple omelette.
Michelle has recently become the proud mother of a brood of hens: Cotton, Thatch, Pebbles and Sugar. These lovely creatures are young and proving to be very efficient layers. I’m not a fan of birds pecking around my feet (we had chickens growing up). That said, I’m not averse to the eggs! Michelle turned up at my house today with a dozen eggs for me so it was only fair that I make her lunch, a chorizo tortilla.
Tortillas can be eaten hot or sliced up cold and to be honest you can add anything you like. This particular recipe is a favourite mid week supper in our house. It’s a great dish on a busy night when time is limited as it’s on the table in minutes.
Some other recipes to try:
If you like this brunch recipe then why not try our Chorizo & Chickpea Hash, our Green Omelette or our Omelette Arnold Bennett. Hosting your own brunch then take the stress out of it and head to our Ultimate Guide to Brunch. Here you’ll find all our brunch recipes together with some great advice on how to get started.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion (finely sliced)
- 1 red pepper (cubed)
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 80 g chorizo (sliced)
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 3 medium potatoes (peeled, diced and boiled in salted water until cooked)
- 3 large eggs
- salt & pepper
- 80 g cheddar cheese (grated)
- Pre-heat the grill in your oven to a high setting.
- Heat the oil in medium sized non stick frying pan, add the onions, red peppers, garlic and chorizo and saute gently over a medium heat for 5 minutes until the onions have softened.
- Add the paprika, salt and pepper and continue to saute for a further minute. Add the diced cooked potatoes and continue cooking until the spice is well combined.
- Place the eggs in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Add the eggs to the chorizo and vegetables and take care to cover completely with the egg mixture.
- Sprinkle on some grated cheese and place under the grill until cooked through and nicely browned. Serve either hot or cold in large wedges.
• Please note that the nutrition information provided above is approximate and meant as a guideline only •Share on Facebook