Pork & chorizo burgers are a great alternative for the BBQ. Full of flavour and lightly spiced, they are a great hit with all the family.
Pork and chorizo burgers are a family favourite in our house. Something all the kids, and adults, are happy to eat. Blending the pork with the chorizo and with a smokey hint of paprika they are great on the BBQ.
The weather up in the North East is getting cooler, we’re not in Autumn yet, but colder weather is definitely on the way. So in a last ditch attempt to hold onto Summer we thought we’d treat you to some late Summer barbecuing. The smokey warmth of the paprika with the sweetness of the pork works well together. These pork and chorizo burgers are a real winner with our families. The basic mixture is fairly straightforward but feel free to add any spices that you fancy, leave out the chorizo if its not to your taste. We’ve made burgers but you can make small patties for the children, roll them into meatballs and add to a spicy tomato sauce, make sausage style kebabs. We are lucky enough to have a mincer and have used it to mince a joint of pork shoulder, however pork mince will be work to.
Additional recipe suggestions:
Looking for inspiration for feeding the family mid week, then take a look at our Ultimate Guide to Family Dinners. Full of useful hints, tips and recipes.
pork & chorizo burgers
- 1.4 kg pork shoulder (trimmed of sinew leave a bit of the fat)
- 250 g cooking chorizo sausages
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp tomato puree
- salt & black pepper to season
- If you have a mincer, then mince together the cut pork pieces along with the chorizo and garlic cloves. If you don't have a mincer, use pork mince of about 1- 1.2kg in weight.
- Once the pork and chorizo have been minced add the tomato puree, spice and seasonings, mix well by hand until combined.
- Form into desired size of burgers and chill until you are ready to cook.
- These burgers can be cooked using a number of methods. Either place in a frying pan over a medium heat, under a medium hot grill or on a BBQ. Take care to turn the burgers regularly to allow both sides to brown and the burger to cook through.
• Please note that the nutrition information provided above is approximate and meant as a guideline only •