Harissa & chickpea salad, a wickedly spicy side dish that’s ready to eat in minutes. Great served alongside grilled meats or vegetables.
Harissa and chickpea salad is a side dish that I often serve, as it’s ready in a matter on minutes. It’s a salad with plenty crunch from the carrot and chickpeas. This salad works really well served alongside simple grilled meats and vegetables. The sharpness of the salad balancing our the smokiness of the meat.
The dressing for the salad has a lovely chilli heat to it. This comes from the harissa paste that forms the base of the dressing. We use Belazu Rose Harissa, a jar of which you will always find in our store cupboards. This harissa balances the chilli heat with delicate rose water. The result is the best harissa on the market in our opinion. Suitable for both Vegetarian and Vegan diners alike, this salad keeps well for a couple of days in the fridge. For that reason I like to double the recipe and make extra to be eaten over the days ahead.
Harissa & Chickpea Salad
- 400 g tin of chickpeas (drained)
- 1/2 carrot (grated)
- 2 large plum tomatoes (diced)
- 1/2 cucumber (skinned and de-seeded)
- 1/2 small red onion (finely diced)
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Belazu rose harissa paste
- 2 tbsp pomegranite juice
- salt and pepper
- Combine the salad ingredients in a bowl.
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a separate bowl and whisk.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix well, ensuring that the salad is well coated. Serve.
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only •