Apple & cinnamon cake, deliciously moist and packed full of apples. Perfect served with a cup of tea on a crisp Autumn afternoon.
This year the event took place on Sunday 28th September 2014. Michelle and I went along with our families and I bought a number of mixed bags of jelly apples, some french crab apples and a bag of lovely small pears. Michelle went home armed with a couple of bags of Lane’s Prince Albert and Arthur Turner apples which she used to make this delicious apple and cinnamon cake.
Apple and Cinnamon Cake
For the Apple Cake
- 5 apples
- 5 tbsp sugar (for tossing apples)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 cups Plain flour
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
For the Glaze
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- 2 tbs margarine
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1-2 tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice apples, then toss with sugar and cinnamon.
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, eggs, oil, vanilla, orange juice, baking soda and powder.
- Mix everything together - you will have a very thick dough.
- Grease a bundt pan and fill it like this: dough, apple, dough, apple, dough.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours.
- After it has cooled, drizzle glaze over cake.
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only •